Saturday 13 March 2021

Indoor Plants and an Update About My Life

Darkness is the absent of light. While it’s a pretty straightforward understanding that our primary need for light is to see things around us, there is a much higher purpose for its existence and one could simply think of it as the existential ingredient for which lives on Earth could thrive.


But in a room that does not receive an ample serving of sunlight, how does one’s plant be able to appear green and stay that way? 

Fluorescent lights, and a few led lights. Just a couple of it actually.


After six months in the cold and dark corner of my room, one of my orchid plants had shown resilience against the gloomy odds and it bloomed with quite a handful of purple flowers. 

Quite a spectacular sight to see.


The secret to making the plants grow and bear flowers without the real sunlight is for them to get artificial lights that have at least two of the colors from the spectrum of light. To stimulate growth, it needs to have a cool white light and a red light to encourage flowering.


It’s like decades ago since I last made my school projects. But a couple of while ago, my boss had asked me to make the covers for these two Minecraft costumes. I’m not particularly a fan of Minecraft and have never played it on PC. 

I hope the kids who would wear these costumes could forgive me if I didn’t get it right.


Here’s John, our newest IT staff. He was an OJT when I took this photo. Here, he was tasked to put a plastic sheet on the cameras because the contractors were painting the metal ducting to which the camera was attached. 


The person on the left is Dickson, another one of our IT Staffs and John is the one seated. Here they are preparing the cameras for one of our clients. If you ever come and work in the IT Department at our company, you’d be learning nice things and installing CCTV’s is one of them.


John graduated with an IT course and Dickson didn’t. But this is a good example of why experience is sometimes better than having a degree. In this case, it was Dickson who was explaining to John a few technicalities in network cabling. If you ever wonder how Dickson has gotten so good with IT stuffs, I guess he has a good teacher.


Well, who could that teacher be? Ahem. 


So, in the eyes of their humble teacher, they are now worthy of being called the masters of CCTV installations. 

Hey wait a minute! Why is John smiling broadly in almost all of the pictures? 


This printer was sent to us from one of our departments for repair. They say that it’s ON but it refuses to obey what they ask it to do.  

Now what were they asking it to do?


Anyway, I suspect that a mitigating factor is a faulty board. In this photo, I’m showing Dickson how to use a desoldering pump to remove the power module from the faulty board. Later that afternoon, we replaced the board with a reliable one from another faulty printer of the same model and reattached the power module.

It worked like a charm.


Here are some of the corrugated hoses that I would always buy from Leon Hardware. If you ever wonder what I use these for, I use it for protecting cables and speaker wires. As generally presented idea with evidence, rats will have a hard time chewing on them. 

And the insurance company will be more than happy to see us using these.


Here’s Ivan, my nephew. He just recently joined our company as the IT replacement for Raffy who resigned last year. In this photo, we are at a client’s house doing inspection in preparation for CCTV installation.


Ivan is tall person, and is visibly taller than me. I’ve seen him grow from being a small toddler up to that size. I think that if the new generations continue to outgrow the former ones in terms of height, the Earth will be repopulated once again by giants. 

Until next time. Happy weekend everyone!













5 comments:

  1. That’s a nice indoor plant lighting setup. Would love to know more about it because I want to grow veggies indoor all year round. Summer is short in North America and snow can drop any season. This could be the effect of climate change.

    I also used to place wires inside a hose to protect it from rats which is common in Manila even though we have strayed cats that adopted our family as owners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi PP Gal,

    I just used 2 pieces of cool white 7-Watt fluorescent tubes on each level. Then I added a 27-watt LED Grow Light to provide the red light. But in my observation, the red led strip cove lights that you can buy from the hardware is better for growing flowers than the cheap led grow lights that I bought from Lazada.

    I haven't tried growing veggies indoor yet but I think it's possible especially if you can increase the wattage of the fluorescent tubes from 7w to 20 or so.

    Regards,

    Glen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sir Glenn,

    Not a post related. I've noticed po na hindi updated ang blog ninyo. Nice to meet you po in person. Sa Tango ko lang po pala kayo matagpuan, hehehe.

    Regards,
    Lin

    linagainstheworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lin,

      Thanks for dropping by. Oo nga, hindi na ako nakapag-update ng blog. Medyo busy na rin kasi hehe.

      Nice meeting you rin. Ang saya ng fire fighting activities. May natutunan ako.

      Delete
    2. Ako din hindi na po ako nakakapagupdate. Naging busy din po

      Thanks po sa feedback sa fire training :)

      Regards,
      Lin

      www.linagainsttheworld.wordpress.com

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...