Thursday 14 December 2017

Inherent Musical Affinity

Back in the old days, in the early 2000's, I developed an affinity for learning a musical instrument. My kind of thing before was guitar and although guys of my age are finding it easy to learn, I did not excel well with it. Perhaps it's because I didn't try hard enough. But being an ordinary guitarist as I was, a few talented guys still believed in me and got me playing with them in their band. That was the highlight in my musical career as a guitarist, which lasted only for a few months.

When the keyboardist we were playing with had opted out, I volunteered to fill in for the position. A helpful friend named Ray Adora helped us buy a second-hand keyboard from his own pocket and  donated it to our group. Again, this was an another turning point in my musical career. I like calling it "musical career" because it sounds like I was doing something important.

Anyway, I did not know a thing about playing a piano and all I had was the desire to learn it. Little did I know that with perseverance and so many sleepless nights of practicing, I did learn how to play it. I played as a keyboardist for our band up to a few more fruitful years. But that was back then and was a thing of the past. Today, I still try and play some music when I'm in the mood to play. It's a good way to relieve stress and promotes calmness.

Here's me playing a short music last night with my Yamaha Keyboard I bought from Key Note Music Shop at Brian Bell.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...